Malaysia is arguably one of the best holiday destinations in Southeast Asia!
Malaysia is a truly wonderful holiday destination! While many people who travel to Southeast Asia for a holiday visit Thailand, let me tell you that Malaysia offers a lot more. In fact, there is just so much to see and do in Malaysia that you will probably not have your fill in just one holiday!
Why you should visit Malaysia
Malaysia is one of the best tourist destinations in Southeast Asia. It has plenty of scattered and secluded islands, pristine beaches, crystal clear waters, nature reserves and national parks. Adventure activities are plentiful in these areas. Also, the biodiversity in Malaysia is rich with many exotic species of plants, birds and animals. When it comes to natural beauty, Malaysia is second to no other holiday destination worldwide.
Malaysia also includes four UNESCO listed world heritage sites which are definitely worth visiting. These include the Lenggong Valley, Kinabalu Park, Gunung Mulu National Park and the cities of Melaca and George Town.
Kuala Lumpur – thriving cosmopolitan culture
Apart from the natural scenic beauty, Malaysia also has a thriving cosmopolitan culture. Kuala Lumpur is the capital city of Malaysia, and it boasts of great infrastructure and contains many places of tourist interest.
Some major tourist destinations in Kuala Lumpur include the PETRONAS Twin Towers, the Kuala Lumpur Tower, Chinatown, National Palace, Bukit Bintang shopping district, KL Bird Park, Central Market and several religious sights. The city also hosts several cultural festivals throughout the year. The thriving cosmopolitan culture of Kuala Lumpur makes it the 6th most visited city in the entire world.
Things to do in Malaysia
The multi-ethnic culture of Malaysia makes for a unique holiday experience. Malaysia caters to everyone – from nature lovers to adventure enthusiasts, shoppers, foodies and even people interested in arts.
Some of the top-rated activities you can enjoy in Malaysia include:
- Go for a 3-day trekking adventure in the rainforests at Danum Valley
- Take a 3-day adventure at the Tabin Wildlife Reserve
- Visit the Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary for a private day tour
- Go for a firefly watching tour at Kota Bharu
- Discover the best of Danum Valley by taking a bike tour
- Visit the Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre and take a city tour at Sandakan
- Take a 3-day adventure at Mulu National Park
- Visit any of the UNESCO listed heritage sites in Malaysia
- Have international cuisine and drinks in some of the world’s finest restaurants
- Have your fill shopping in designer outlets and boutique stores
As you can see for yourself, you probably won’t be able to do it all in Malaysia in a single holiday!
Malaysia is one of the world’s finest holiday destinations with stunning natural beauty, exotic biodiversity and plenty of attractions. Malaysia presents an eclectic mix of nature, adventure, and cosmopolitan culture and it offers plenty to see and do. A holiday in Malaysia is certainly worth it!