5D4N Sandakan Safari Tour Package
Day 1: ARRIVE SANDAKAN AIRPORT
Upon arrival, you will be met by our representative at the Sandakan Airport and be transferred to a hotel for check in. After that, free at own leisure for the rest of the day.
Day 2: SANDAKAN - PULAU SELINGAN
After breakfast, we will head to the jetty for a 1.25-hr boat ride to Pulau Selingan, located some 40 kilometre north of Sandakan lying off the north-east coast of Sabah. The island is famous for its green and hawksbill turtles, which lay their eggs on the beaches. Upon arrival, proceed to park HQ for registration and later check in to chalet. Free at own leisure for the rest of the afternoon after lunch where you can indulge in swimming or snorkelling. After dinner, we will proceed to the hatchery where you may have an opportunity to observe the release of baby turtles into the open sea. Overnight at Park Chalet (common or attached bathroom).
Day 3: PULAU SELINGAN - SEPILOK
In the early morning, we will return by boat to the mainland and proceed for breakfast followed by a 30-minute drive to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Center. Sepilok is the world’s largest orangutan sanctuary where orphaned, injured, and ailing orangutans are nurtured back to health and, when ready, released back into the wild.We will then proceed to the free roaming area at the feeding platform to observe the fearless "wild man of Borneo" swaying from ropes and racing towards a wooden feeding platform for a banana brunch. After that, we take a walk in the tropical lowland dipterocarp forest of Borneo. Later we head to the jetty for a boat cruise up to the lower Kinabatangan River Sanctuary. This wonderful trip starts from the water of Sulu Sea, where we will go through the magnificent mangrove forest. This trip will reward you with a unforgettable experience.After lunch, we take another cruise in search of more wildlife. Be aware with the sighting of endemic proboscis monkeys where the male proboscis flaunts his oversize, fleshy, pinkish nose to lure females. Catch sights of yellow-ringed cat snake, blue-eared kingfisher, and pig-tailed macaque which loomed from the overgrowth.Upon arrival at Sukau, check in and take another boat ride to Menanggul River, a small tributary of the Kinabatangan. We will then return to lodge for dinner and overnight at Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge.
Day 4: SUKAU - OXBOW LAKE
In the early morning we take a river boat trip to Oxbow Lake where we can observe wildlife roaming freely in the ambiance of the river environment. We return to the lodge for breakfast. Free at own leisure for the rest of the morning. After lunch, we take another river cruise in search for more wild life. We will then return to lodge for dinner and spent another night at Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge.
Day 5: DEPART SANDAKAN
After breakfast, we take a river cruise back to Sandakan where there will be another opportunity to enjoy the wildlife sightings. Upon arrival at the jetty we will proceed to Puh Jih Syh Chinese Buddhist Temple for a panoramic view of the Sandakan Bay. After lunch, you will be transferred to airport.
REMARKS / RESTRICTIONS:
- For the day's itinerary to happen, your departure flight must be after 2 pm.
- Hotel pick-ups are for city center hotels only. For pick-ups outside of city center, additional fees will apply.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Other languages are available on request with additional charge.
- For more than 7 pax, professional English Speaking Guide will be assigned
- Kindly contact us directly to get promotional rate for more than 4 pax
- Room have not been blocked yet, confirmation will be subject to availability.
- Accomodation at Stay: 4 star Hotel (1 night in Sandakan), Chalet (1 night in Pulau Selingan), Riverside Lodge (2 night in Kinabatangan)
- Meals: 4 Breakfast, 4 Lunches & 3 Dinners
- Transport: Return airport to hotel transfers
- Driver cum Guide (English Speaking)
- Tour as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel Surcharge (if any)
- Personal meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Entrance Fee /Optional Activity