6D5N SRI LANKA TOUR PACKAGE.
6D5N SRI LANKA TOUR PACKAGE ITINERARY.
Day 01: Arrive in Sri Lanka.
- Arrive in Sri Lanka.
- Then, you will be welcomed by our representative & handed over to your respective guide.
- Proceed to Anuradhapura & lunch at a Restaurant.
- Sri Lanka’s first capital, Anuradhapura, located within the Cultural Triangle in the North West province, was the greatest monastic city of the ancient world.
- Ruwanweliseya Dagoba is the third-largest stupa in Anuradhapura. Also known as the Maha Thupa or Great Stupa.
- While the aforementioned are still in ruins, Ruwanweliseya Dagoba is the biggest dagoba that is fully restored and in regular use.
- The 'Bo' (‘Bodhi’) tree or Pipal was planted as a cutting brought from India by emperor Ashoka's daughter, the Princess Sangamitta, at some point after 236 BC.
- There are other Bo trees around Sir Maha Bodhi which stands on the highest terrace.
- In April a large number of pilgrims arrive to make offers during the Snana Pooja and to bathe the tree with milk.
- Every 12th year the ceremony is particularly auspicious. The Isurumuniya Vihara was built in the 3rd century BC as part of a monastic complex called Issiramana, which received its name from the 500 nobles (viscera, ‘those of the first rank’), who sought ordination as monks there.
- The temple, which is carved from the solid rock, has several lotus ponds at its base and houses a large seated Buddha image and a small museum. Mihintale is the cradle of Sri Lankan Buddhism.
- To climb the Mahinda Mountain, a stone staircase made of 1,840 steps has been built.
- Also visit Brazen Palace, Ruwanwelisaya, Kuttam Pokuna, Thuparama, Jetavanaramaya, Abhayagiri, and Maha Vihara.
- After the tour, you will have a Dinner & Overnight stay at the Heritage Hotel, 3* / Rajarata Hotel 4*
- After breakfast proceeds to Polonnaruwa.
- Later lunch at Restaurant.
- Polonnaruwa Sri Lanka’s royal medieval capital in 1073, for nearly a century Polonnaruwa had been a military base for invading Chola tribes, from southern India, until they were overthrown by the Sinhalese king, Vijayabahu I in 1070.
- Gal Vihara, Is the most celebrated site in Polonna rule and one of the most famous in the whole island.
- It is known for its large rock-cut images which are in a perfect state of preservation.
- The Royal Palace and Council Chambers, King Parakramabahu’s Palace must have once been an imposing structure, and historical records describe it as 7 stories high with a 1000 rooms.
- The Quadrangle, This sacred quadrangle contains some of the earliest and most sacred monuments of Polonnaruwa.
- The central unit here is the Vatadage or the circular relic house. It’s an elegant and beautiful work of art.
- In the evening, you will have a Dinner & Overnight stay at Fresco Water Villa, 3* / Chaaya Village 4*
- After breakfast proceeds to Dambulla Cave Temple.
- Lunch at Restaurant Dambulla Cave Temple first came to use as a refuge for King Valagambahu in 1st century BC.
- Its rock ceiling is one large sweep of colorful frescoes, some of which dates back to over 2,000 years, which depicts Buddhist mythology, and the tales of the Buddha's previous births.
- This cave temple has the largest number of Buddha statues all housed in one place, including a 14 meter long, colossal figure of the recumbent Buddha carved out of the rock.
- After touring, you will have a Dinner & Overnight stay at Fresco Water Villa, 3*/ Chaaya Village 4*
- After breakfast proceeds to Kandy.
- Spice Garden in Matale to see the different spices, which Sri Lanka is famous for. Kandy, including Upper Lake Drive, Market Square, Arts & Crafts Centre, Gem Museum & Temple of Tooth Relic. Kandy the hill capital, venue of the annual Perahera
- Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic - ever since 4th Century A.D, when the Buddha's Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orissan princess' hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world.
- It is considered Sri Lanka's most prized possession.
- Lunch at the restaurant the night experience a colorful show where you will be taken to mind blowing Sri Lankan culture extravaganza…
- Get ready for Heavy drumbeat and acrobatic act.
- Afterward, Dinner & Overnight stay at Serene Grand, 3* / Ozo Kandy 4*
- After breakfast proceed to Colombo
- Colombo a drive through the city taking you to the busy commercial areas, as well as the tree, lined residential, Cinnamon Gardens.
- Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street - the Goldsmiths quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, where is also a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings, and the Dutch Church of Wolfendhal dating back to 1749.
- Also, visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha & the Independence Square.
- Lunch at Restaurant.
- The Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara is one of the most sacred worshipping places of the Buddhists of Sri Lanka since it is a site made hallowed by the visit of Lord Buddha.
- Gangaramaya Temple Established during Sri Lanka’s 19th century Buddhist revival it is not merely a temple but a center for vocational training.
- Gangaramaya is currently one of Colombo’s most important Buddhist temples.
- The Buddhist temple has a collection of elephant tusks, rare artifacts, and relics of Buddha acquired locally and from abroad.
- After that, you will have a Dinner & Overnight stay at Berjaya Mount Royal, 3*+
- After breakfast transferred to the Airport for the flight back.
Quotation, Winter 2017 & Winter 2018 (September 2017 To April 2018)
Nationality – Malaysian / 3* Category
03 - 07
13 - 25
- 05 Nights hotel accommodation in hotels specified or similar.
- Meals on Full Board Basis.
- Transportation in A/C Coach with a service of a Separate English / Mandarin speaking chauffer Guide.
- Entrance fees to all the below mentioned places,
- Temple of the tooth relic
- Dambulla Golden Rock Temple
- Cultural show at Kandy
- Polonnaruwa Ancient Site
- Anuradhapura Ancient Site
- 02 mineral water bottles per person, per day
- Discounted shopping vouchers for Odel
- All the government taxes
- International/ Domestic airlines ticket
- Tips & Porterage
- Visa Charges
If you want to stay longer, you can go for 7D6N Sri Lanka Tour Packag
Sri Lanka is an island country in South Asia and also known for its ancient Buddhist ruins. It is also the land that widely known for its vibrant culture and traditions as well as ancient monuments.