10D Let’s Go Jewels of Romantic Europe
Travelling period: 1 Apr 2018 - 31 March 2019 MEALS: 7 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 3 Dinner / HOTELS: 4*
MUNICH Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt
ETTAL MONASTERY Largest Benedictine monastery in Germany
OBERAMMERGAU Most Beautiful Bavarian Village
NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE The most famous and visited Castle in Germany (*admission included)
ZUGSPITZE Top of Germany, highest peak of Germany (*cable car tickets included)
INNSBRUCK Swarovski Crystal Worlds
SALZBURG Unesco World Heritage Site
HALLSTATT Most Beautiful Place on Earth
LAKE CHIEMSEE Herrenchiemsee Palace (*admission included)
INGOLSTADT Designer outlet shopping
DAY 01: DEPARTURE / MUNICH (Meals on Board)
Assemble at airport for our flight to Munich, Germany.
DAY 02: MUNICH (Dinner)
- Munich: Cosmopolitan and proud, life under Munich's skies holds a promise for everyone. Trend merges with tradition to create the magic Munich atmosphere which never fails to delight. Enjoy some free time in Munich city centre, Marienplatz which is dominated by the New Town Hall (Neues Rathaus). The monumental, 79 meters (259 ft) high town hall was built between 1876 and 1909 by Georg Joseph Hauberrisser in Flemish Gothic style to alleviate the overcrowded Altes Rathaus nearby.
- Visit Frauenkirche, the onion shaped domes of the Gothic cathedral are Munich's unmistakable hallmark. Explore the modern Viktualienmarkt is now a favorite with gourmets. The popular and lively market boasts 140 shops and stalls that offer flowers and plants, vegetables, exotic fruit, meat and sausages.
DAY 03: MUNICH / ETTAL / OBERAMMERGAU / NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE / FUSSEN (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch)
- Ettal Monastery: Make a photo stop at the beautiful Ettal Abbey, nestled in the little village of Ettal in the foothills of the Bavarian Alps, an impressive Baroque structure that is not to be missed when touring Southern Bavaria.
- Oberammergau: Make a photo stop at this Bavarian Alpine Village famous for its "Lüftlmalerei" or frescoes, of traditional Bavarian themes, fairy tales, religious scenes or architectural optical illusion, found on many homes and buildings. The town is known for its Passion Play which is performed every 10 years in years ending in zero. The tradition dates back to 1633 when the town's citizens made a pact with God to perform the Passion of Jesus Christ every 10 years if the plague would pass them by. Oberammergau is also known for woodcarving, a craft that has been here since the medieval times.
- Schwangau: Visit the most famous and visited castle in Germany, Neuschwanstein Castle (*admission included), a 19th Century Romanesque Revival Castle which served as the inspiration for Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
DAY 04: FUSSEN / ZUGSPITZE / INNSBRUCK (Buffet Breakfast, Chinese Dinner)
- Excursion to Zugspitze: Ascend "Top of Germany" Zugspitze, Germany's highest peak at 2932 meters. Be mesmerized by the breathtaking, impressive 360° panorama which opens up to reveal extensive views over 400 mountain peaks in four countries. Crossing into Tirol Austria is only 1 step away on Zugspitze.
- Innsbruck: View the famous landmark in this Tyrolean capital, the Golden Roof, and enjoy some free time to explore this 800-year old city and that has entered the record books as the only city in the world to host 3 Olympic Games, (1964, 1976, 2012).
DAY 05: INNSBRUCK / SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL WORLDS / SALZBERGWERK BERCHTESGADEN / SALZBURG (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Swarovski kristallwelten: Visit one of the most popular attractions in Austria, the Swarovski Crystal Worlds, shop for the latest designs and widest range of Swarovski products.
- Berchtesgaden: Excursion to the world famous, meanwhile nearly 500 years old and still active Salt Mine Berchtesgaden and the Old Salt Works with Salt Museum. Learn all worth knowing about winning and producing salt and brine in ancient times and today.
DAY 06: SALZBURG / HALLSTATT / SALZBURG (Buffet Breakfast)
- Excursion to Hallstatt: Make a photo stop in Hallstatt, one of the prettiest of medieval towns, perched on the shores of a lake and surrounded by mountains. Towns just don't come any more postcard-worthy than this place!
- Salzburg: Make a photo stop at Mirabell Garden and no.9 Getreidegasse, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart House. Spend some free time exploring this Baroque jewel Salzburg, UNESCO World Heritage City Center, which owes its reputation to its unique combination of unparalleled architecture of the old town and unique scenic beauty. The city lets you listen to famous classical tunes and breathe history while it imparts surprisingly modern insights.
DAY 07: SALZBURG / HERRENCHIEMSEE / INGOLSTADT (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch)
Herrenchiemsee Palace: Ideally located between Munich and Salzburg, the 'Bavarian Sea' Lake Chiemsee is the favourite destination for holidays in Bavaria. Take a boat on Lake Chiemsee to the island Herreninsel to visit the Royal Palace of Herrenchiemsee (New Palace) (*admission included). In 1873 King Ludwig II of Bavaria acquired the Herreninsel as the location for his Royal Palace and modelled on Versailles, this palace was built as a "Temple of Fame" for King Louis XIV of France, whom the Bavarian monarch fervently admired. The actual building of this "Bavarian Versailles", which was begun in 1878 from plans by Georg Dollmann, was preceded by a total of 13 planning stages. When Ludwig Il died in 1886 the palace was still incomplete, and sections of it were later demolished.
DAY 08: INGOLSTADT (Buffet Breakfast)
Spend some time shopping at Ingolstadt Designer Outlet.
DAY 09: MUNICH / HOME (Buffet Breakfast, Meals on Board)
Free at leisure till transfer to Europe's first 5* Airport, Munich Airport for our flight home.
DAY 10: HOME
- Visit of shopping outlet is subject to opening hours
- Factory Outlet may be replaced with another to enhance smoother itinerary
- The sequence of the itinerary and hotel are subject to change without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstance.
- During major conferences, fairs & festivals, accommodation may be located in an alternate city without prior notice.
- In the event that a place of visit or attraction is closed to visitors, it will be replaced with an alternative if possible.
- Some accommodations may not have specific twin or double room types.
- Winter scheduled departures may have 5% - 10% changes to the itinerary due to inclusion of weather dependent attractions/activities
Service Fee and Additional Excursions
- Service Fee & Hotel City Tax - Euro 139
- Salt Mine
Total: Euro 325
Fly in and discover the Jewels of Romantic Europe in 10 days.