11D Let’s Go Exotic Caucasus
Travel valid: 01 Apr 2018 - 31 Mar 2019 / Meal highlights: Karvansaray Dinner, Azeri Dinner, Local Family Lunch - Meals: 100% / Hotels: 4*
BAKU Palace of Shirvanshahs, Maiden Tower
GOBUSTAN Gobustan Rock Art Cultural Landscape UNESCO World Heritage Site
ABSHERON PENINSULA Atashgah Zoroastrian Fire Worshipping Temple UNESCO World Heritage Site, INA Yanar Dagh "Burning Mountain"
SHEMAKHA Diri Baba Mausoleum
SIGHNAGHI The Prettiest, Colourful Hilltop Town in Kakheti
MTSKHETA Jvari Monastery, Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
TBILISI Metekhi Church, Sioni Cathedral, Great Synagogue, Narikala fortress.
KOTAYK Geghard Cave Monastery
KHOR VIRAP MONASTERY The most visited pilgrimage site in Armenia.
HAGHPAT Haghpat Monastery UNESCO World Heritage Site, Temple of Garni.
YEREVAN Cascade Monument, Echmiadzin Cathedral
LAKE SEVAN 1900m above sea level, one of the largest freshwater high-altitude lakes in the world
DAY 01 DEPARTURE / BAKU AZERBAIJAN (Meals on Board)
Assemble at airport for flight to Baku, Azerbaijan.
DAY 02 BAKU (Dinner)
Baku: Azerbaijan capital Baku is one of the most beautiful world's cities is located at the joint of Europe and Asia. Visit the Unesco-listed Old City (Ichari Shahar) which lies within an exotically crenelated arc of fortress wall. The old city is a maze of alleys, mosques, historic buildings and remnants of fortification, including the Palace of the Shirvanshahs and the Maiden Tower now listed among UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. Visit the Medieval Caravansaries, handmade carpet's workshop art studio, Synyk Kala Minaret - the city's oldest building erected since 1093, and the 12th century Lezgi Mosque.
DAY 03 BAKU / GOBUSTAN / ABSHERON PENINSULA / BAKU (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Karvansaray Dinner)
- Gobustan: Drive along the Caspian shore to Gobustan, home to the famous rock petroglyphs and mud volcanoes. The 'Gobustan Rock Art Cultural Landscape' is listed in 2007 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tour the volcanic desert sites and mud volcanoes. (*Group will be transferred to local taxis; approximately 20-mins drive to the mud volcanoes sites).
- Absheron Peninsula: Visit the Atashgah Zoroastrian Fire - Worshipping Temple (UNESCO Heritage Site) and the famous Burning Mountain "Yanar Dagh", an ancient and visually stunning fire which blazes continuously on a hillside.
DAY 04 BAKU / SHEMAKHA / SHEKI (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Azeri Dinner)
Shemakha: Enroute to Shemakha, visit the Diri Baba Mausoleum, dating from 1402 built into the side of a cliff with ancient rock carvings, a wonderful creation of the art of ancient menders of the 15th century. Visit the historical Friday Mosque (Juma) and continue driving across scenic Muganly Pass with photo stops to capture great views of the mountains to Sheki. Visit the local medieval fortress, Sheki Khans' Palace, local museum of history and local handicrafts workshop.
DAY 05 AZERBAIJAN - GEORGIA / SIGHNAGHI / TBILISI (Buffet Breakfast, Local Family Lunch, Dinner)
- In the morning, transfer to Azerbaijan-Georgian border, Lagodekhi.
- Kakheti: A region famous for wine-making and it is associated with good wine and open-hearted hospitality. Enjoy homemade lunch and wine at a local family.
- Visit Khareba Winery and enjoy 4 kinds of wine tasting. Continue on to visit fortified town of Sighnaghi, the prettiest, colourful hilltop town in Kakheti and wonderful views over the Alazani valley. Visit Bodbe Monastery which was constructed in 4th century AD, on the tomb of St. Nino who introduced Christianity in Georgia.
DAY 06 TBILISI / MTSKHETA / TBILISI (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Mtskheta: The former capital of Georgia is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994. Visit Jvari Monastery and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, the royal cathedral of Georgia, used for centuries for the coronation and burial of Georgian monarchs.
- Metekhi Church, a 7th century Sioni Cathedral, and the Great Synagogue. Stroll along the heart of 21st century Tbilisi, Rustaveli Avenue, where you can find dozens of cafés, restaurants and shops along the way. Enjoy Tbilisi panoramic tour by cable car to view Narikala fortress, and make a photo stop at Hamam, the natural hot sulfur bath, which the city got its name from. (**Cable car operation depends on weather and technical conditions. In the event cable car is not operating, we will visit Narikala fortress on foot**)
DAY 07 TBILISI GEORGIA - ARMENIA / YEREVAN (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
In the morning, transfer to Georgian-Armenian border, Sadakhlo. Visit Haghpat Monastery, the medieval monastic complex, was built in the 10th to 13th centuries, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
DAY 08 YEREVAN / KOTAYK / KHOR VIRAP / YEREVAN (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Kotayk: Visit Geghard Cave Monastery, revered throughout Armenia as one of the country greatest spiritual and cultural centers. Next, we visit The Temple of Garni, dedicated to the sun goddess Mythra, the only pagan temple in Armenia.
- Khor Virap: Visit the fortified monastery of Khor Virap, place of pilgrimage and one of the most worshipped ones in Armenia and also the holy site for the Armenian Apostolic Church. Enjoy the beautiful view of Mt. Ararat on a clear day.
- Yerevan: One of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Visit the Cascade Monument which was the main symbol of the city's 2780th anniversary with the equivalent number of stairs, Opera House and Republic Square.Visit the Erebuni Museum which contains many artifacts that have been discovered in the excavations of the fortress of Erebuni in 1950-1959. Next we visit Echmiadzin Cathedral, the residence of the Armenian Catholics and the center of Armenian Churches.
DAY 09 SEVAN / ARMENIA - GEORGIA / TBILISI (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Lake Sevan: Lake Sevan also called the "Armenian Sea" is the largest lake in Armenia and the Caucasus region. It's also one of the highest located lakes in the world at the altitude of 1900 meters (6230 ft.) above sea level. Its colours and shades change with the weather and by its own mysterious processes, from a dazzling azure to dark blue and a thousand shades in between. View the picturesque Sevanavank Monastery, an ancient religious complex that overlooks Lake Sevan. Transfer to Armenian border - Georgian Border.
DAY 10 TBILISI / HOME (Buffet Breakfast, Meals on Board)
Free at leisure till transfer to airport.
DAY 11 HOME
- Singapore passport holders are required to apply online for Azerbaijan entry visa (approx. USD 15)
- Singapore passport holders are required to apply for Armenian entry visa upon arrival (approx. USD10)
- Singapore passport holders do not require visa to enter Georgia.
- ALL OTHER NATIONALITIES are required to check if they require an entry visa to visit these countries. LGE Travel will not be held responsible for any failure of obtaining entry visas or denial of entry to these countries. A cancellation charge of tour booking applies for failure of obtaining entry visas to these countries.
- The sequence of the itinerary and hotel are subject to change without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstance.
- During major conferences, fairs & festivals, accommodation maybe located in an alternate city without prior notice.
- In the event that a place of visit or attraction is closed to visitors, it will be replaced with an alternative if possible.
- Some accommodations may not have specific twin or double room types.
Winter scheduled departures may have 5% - 10% changes to the itinerary due to inclusion of weather dependent attractions/activities
Service Fee and Additional Excursions
- Service fees + City Tax: Euro 149
- Khor Virap
Total: Euro 280
Never though to visit these countries? Now we provide you an opportunity to visit and explore their Best Tourist Destination. Let's Go Exotic Caucasus!