12D Let’s Go Romantic Greece + Santorini + Mykonos
Travel valid: 1 Apr 2018 - 31 oct 2019 Meals: 9 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 3 Dinner / Hotels: 4* & 5*
Athens - 3D Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Olympian Zeus HIGHLIGHTS.
Olympia - Olympia Games site, Temple of Zeus and Hera
Delphi - Sanctuary of Apollo and Museum of Delphi
Kalambaka - Meteora Monasteries
DAY 01: DEPARTURE / ATHENS (Meals On Board)
Assemble at airport for your long haul flight to Athens
DAY 02: ATHENS (Michelin star dinner)
- Travel pass the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, National Library, Constitution (Syntagma) Square, House of Parliament and Monument of the Unknown Soldier.
- Photo stop at the Panathenaic Stadium, followed by a walking tour of the sacred Acropolis which contains architectural and historic significance like the Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and the famous Parthenon.
- Tonight, proceed to Pláka District to enjoy dinner in a Michelin star restaurant
DAY 03: ATHENS / OLYMPIA / ZAKYNTHOS (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Depart for Olympia through Central Peloponnese, Tripoli and Megalopoli.
- Upon arrival, visit Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the idea and site of the Ancient Olympic Games. You will see the Temple of Zeus at Olympia and the Temple of Hera at Olympia.
- Enjoy your lunch at local restaurant and after which depart for Kyllini port to embark the ferry for Zakynthos island.
- Sail to the "Flower of The East" as Zakynthos is known for, by domestic ferry
- Arrive in Zakynthos and transfer to Shipwreck Viewpoint for your photo stop. Return to Zakynthos Town for your overnight
DAY 04: ZAKYNTHOS / DELPHI / KALAMBAKA (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner).
- Transfer to the port for your return ferry
- Cross the Achaia Region and Rio - Antirio Bridge
- Passing through the picturesque towns of Nafpaktos and Itea.
- Located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus, Delphi, once believed as the "Naval" of the Earth, is home of the Sanctuary of Apollo Pythios.
- Visit the Treasury of the Athenians and the Delphi Museum which house valuable art pieces like the famous bronze charioteer.
DAY 05: KALAMBAKA / METEORA / ATHENS (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch).
- Today, visit the awe-inspiring monasteries of Meteora. Perched on huge granite rocks, the monasteries seem to suspend between earth and sky. Each monastery contains priceless historical and religious treasures. (*Note: Visit to the monasteries is subject to opening days/times; proper attire [knee and shoulders must be covered] is required and much climbing of steps is to be expected)
- After lunch, return to Athens, by passing Thermopylae Memorial where we will stop to visit the Leonidas Monument and the 300 brave Spartans.
- Arrive in Athens this evening where we will stay for the night.
DAY 06: ATHENS /MYKONOS (Buffet Breakfast)
- Board a ferry from Piraeus to Mykonos.
- Upon arrival, discover Mykonos town with its whitewashed cubic houses, windmills and chapels.
- Check-in to hotel and the rest of the day will be free at leisure
DAY 07: MYKONOS / (Ferry) DELOS / (Ferry) MYKONOS (Buffet Breakfast)
- Board a local ferry from the old port of Mykonos to Delos, an islet of the Aegean and the legendary birthplace of the twin gods, Apollo and Artemis.
- Upon arrival, visit the remains of the Temple of Apollo, the Sanctuary of Artemis, the Old City, the Theater and walk down the celebrated Lion Street.
- In the Museum of Delos, admire Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic and Roman sculptures from all periods, as well as items of everyday use.
- Return to Mykonos and the rest of the day will be free at leisure.
DAY 08: MYKONOS / (Speed Boat) SANTORINI (Buffet Breakfast)
- Board a speed ferry to Santorini in the southern Aegean Sea.
- Embark on a walking tour of Fira, the capital of Santorini, with its narrow street, typical small white churches with blue domes, restaurants and boutiques.
- After which, you are free at leisure to explore this city filled with legends! (*Note: As most of the hotels in Santorini are perched on steep hills, a fair amount of climbing up/down stairs is to be expected).
DAY 09: SANTORINI / OIA / SANTORINI (Buffet Breakfast)
- This morning, you will be free at leisure.
- After lunch (*at your own expense), depart for Kamari, the famous black beach created by the eruption of the volcano.
- Continue towards Pyrgos, a village situated at the highest point of Santorini with panoramic views of the whole island
- Excursion to the village of Oia, best known for its most photographed sunsets, walk up the traditional steps (250 steps) or take a donkey ride (at your own expense) to enjoy the breathtaking views interspersed by splashes of rich okra, deep fuchsia, cobalt blue, oyster pink and earthy red.
DAY 10: SANTORINI / (DOMESTIC FLIGHT) / ATHENS (Buffet Breakfast)
- This morning, you will be free at leisure until we depart by flight back to Athens.
- Upon arrival, check-in to hotel and the rest of the day will be free for you to enjoy your remaining stay in Athens.
DAY 11: ATHENS / HOME (Buffet Breakfast, Meals On Board)
- Enjoy some last minute free time before we bid farewell to this land of glorious history with our departure transfer to the airport for our flight back home. We hope that you have had an enjoyable time with us and we look forward to seeing you again
DAY 12: HOME
Free Upgrade to Santorini / Mykonos Seaview is not valid from 15th May - 15th Sep
Baggage allowance for domestic flight is subject to airline restriction
- Sequence of itinerary is subject to change
- In the event that a place of visit or attraction is closed to visitors, it will be replaced with an alternative, if possible.
- Some accommodations may not have specific twin or double room types.
Service Fee and Additional Excursions
- Service fee + Hotel City Tax - Euro 103
- Island of Delos
- Cliff-top village of Oia
Total: Euro 290
Visit Greece for a romantic vacation! Best tourist destination to explore: Temple of Zeus, Temple of Athena Nike, Kamari, Plaka-the picturesque old part of the city, Minoan Palace of Knossos with the legendary Minotaur and “Blue Caves”