3D2N Taman Negara Free + Easy
Taman Negara Pahang Malaysia is a fascinating holiday destination around the world with a mixed racial population of Malay, Chiness, Indians, Kadazan, Dusuns, Iban and not forgetting the “Orang Asli” (Aborigines). Dating back over 130 million years, Taman Negara is one of world’s oldest tropical rainforest. During the Ice Ages, much of the Earth was covered by immense glaciers that kept the global climate cool. Consequently, many of the planet’s tropical rainforests had to wait until the glaciers receded before they could evolve. Taman Negara rainforest, however, was blessed with a location far enough away from the ice that it developed 130 million years ago - far earlier than those of Africa and Latin America.
The forest itself is one of the most ancient on the planet, far older than the equatorial forests of the Amazon or the Congo. It has for tens of thousands of years been the home of nomadic forest people, and ancient civilizations have flourished as well as disappeared in its vastness. Legends abound & archaeologists have only just begun their efforts here. Equally exciting discoveries are now being made by genetic biologists, who have begun searching the wealth of life in Malaysia's forests for new medicines with which to combat AIDS, cancer, and many other illnesses. Taman Negara is also a home to Peninsular Malaysia's highest peak ie. Gunung Tahan as well as a home to more than 10,000 species of plants, 300 species of mammals such as the Sumatran Rhinoceros, the Asian Elephant, tigers, sun bear and tapirs; 300 species of fish and 250 species of birds with so much to see and to do, a trip to Taman Negara is a must on your itinerary.
The main gateway to Taman Negara, is through Kuala Tahan, via the town of Jerantut. You can also make your journey to the national park through Merapoh, the western gateway that is located 98km north of Kuala Lipis on the Kuala Lipis-Gua Musang road. The national park is home to 10,000 species of flora and fauna, some exclusively found only in this part of the region. Gunung Tahan - the highest mountain of great interest to botanists and nature lovers for its undisturbed diversity of habitats and plant communities.
Go and test the adventure in you to the limit. At Taman Negara, you are not short of adrenaline-pumping activities. Challenging outdoor activities such as mountain climbing and camping await you to experience. For mountain climbing enthusiasts, you may asend Gunung Tahan which offers you an exhilarating and panoramic view of the jungle canopy top. Another must-try activity in Taman Negara is camping where you may take advantage of a number of campsites. If you are not equipped with the necessary camping gears, you may hire them. You could also visit the friendly aborigine settlements and get a better insight of one of Malaysia's indigenous people- the Batek. One such settlement is Kampong Yong where you will see how the forest dwellers live and work. Plus they can be your best excursion guides to explore the caves around the Park.
DAY 01 : Taman Negara Pahang Program
07.30 am : Register at our counter in China Town
08.30 am : Shuttle Coach departs to Kuala Tembeling Jetty for boat to Kuala Tahan (Taman Negara)
02.00 pm : Boat to Kuala Tahan (3 hours boat journey)
05.00 pm : Welcome to Taman Negara and check in as request
DAY 02 : Taman Negara Pahang Program
08.00 am : After breakfast, free at your own leisure
DAY 03 : Taman Negara Pahang Program
07.30 am : After breakfast, check out accommodation 09.00 am: Boat to Kuala Tembeling Jetty and coach transfer back to Hotel Mandarin Pacific, Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur
- Hotel pick-ups are for city center hotels only. For pick-ups outside of city center, additional fees will apply.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Other languages are available on request with additional charge.
- For more than 7 pax, professional English Speaking Guide will be assigned
- Room have not been blocked yet, confirmation will be subject to availability.
- Surcharge during 1 July – 15 Sept RM100.00 per room per night on Taman Negara Resort all room type except A/C Hostel
- Accommodation for 2 Night at Taman Negara
- Driver cum Guide (English Speaking)
- Tour as per itinerary
- Meals: 2 Breakfast
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- 2 way boat transfer Kuala Tembeling Jetty - Kuala Tahan
- 2 way bus transfer from KL - Kuala Tembeling Jetty
- Park Entry Permit
- Return Airline ticket
- Travel insurance
- Additional (if any): Extra meals, Extra transport & Optional tour (Watersport, etc.)
- Tipping for driver/guide, mini bar & other personal expenses unspecified on itinerary
- Camera License MYR5 per camera
- Lunch & Dinner
- Surcharge for High season/Peak season