11D Let’s Double Romantic Road + Kitzsteinhorn
(Top of Salzburg)
Travel valid: 01 Apr 2018 – 31 Mar 2019 / Meals: 8 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 3 Dinner / Hotels: 4*
- MONDSEE Mondsee Basilica
- GMUNDEN Ort Castle
- STEYR Bummerlhaus
- ADMONT Stift Admont One of the Most Beautiful Library in the World
- HALLSTATT The Most Instagrammed Town in Austria
- LAKE ST. WOLFGANG Boat ride on Lake St. Wolfgang
- SALZBURG Mirabell Garden, Old Town
- KITZSTEINHORN Top of Salzburg
- AUGSBURG St. Ulrich and St. Afra Basilica
- NÖRDLINGEN Germany’s only completely preserved town wall
- ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER The Most Beautiful Town on The Romantic Road
- NUREMBERG St Lawrence’s Church, Hauptmarkt
- INGOLSTADT Village Designer Outlet shopping
DAY 01 DEPARTURE / SALZBURG (Meals on Board)
Assemble at airport for flight to Salzburg, Austria
DAY 02 SALZBURG / MONDSEE / GMUNDEN / STEYR (Dinner)
– Mondsee: A town with a history of 6000 years, including a UNESCO world heritage site, is located at Lake Mondsee in the Salzkammergut region. View the Mondsee Basilica in the heart of the town center, right at the market square, where the marriage scene of Maria and Georg von Trapp in The Sound of Music was taken.
– Gmunden: Make a photo stop at one of the iconic landmarks of Lake Traunsee, the Schloss Ort (Ort Castle), a ruined jumble of stones built on ancient Roman foundations that’s set on a small island a few yards offshore. Stroll along the pretty Gmunden Esplanade, view the colourful Rathaus and wander into one of the many local ceramic pottery shops.
DAY 03 STEYR / ADMONT/ HALLSTATT / BAD ISCHL (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch)
– Steyr: Explore Steyr which is one of the most beautiful downtown squares in Europe, where Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo meet each other in harmony. View the mighty Lamberg Castle towers high above Steyr, see the lovely “Bimmerhaus”, a jewel of late-Gothic architecture.
– Excursion to Admont: Visit one of the most beautiful libraries in the world, Admont Library (*admission included)
– Hallstatt: Make a photo stop in Hallstatt, one of the prettiest of medieval towns, perched on the shores of a lake and surrounded by mountains. Towns just don’t come any more postcard-worthy than this place!
DAY 04 BAD ISCHL / LAKE WOLFGANG / SALZBURG (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch)
– Lake Wolfgang: Explore the charming market town of St Wolfgangsee and its iconic landmark, Pilgrimage Church of St Wolfgang. Take a relaxing boat ride on this beautiful lake from St Wolfgang to St Gilgen (*May onwards, subject to operating hours).
– Salzburg: Make a photo stop at Mirabell Garden and no.9 Getreidegasse, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart House. Spend some free time exploring this Baroque jewel Salzburg, UNESCO World Heritage City Center, which owes its reputation to its unique combination of unparalleled architecture of the old town and unique scenic beauty. The city lets you listen to famous classical tunes and breathe history while it imparts surprisingly modern insights.
DAY 05 SALZBURG / KITZSTEINHORN (TOP OF SALZBURG) / SALZBURG (Buffet Breakfast)
Excursion to Kitzsteinhorn: Ascent to the top of Salzburg, Kitzsteinhorn. Three modern cableways take you up to over 3000 m above sea level. Enjoy an impressive “flight” over the glacier and the highest lift support pylon in the world up to 3029 m. Experience summer snow at the ICE Arena (*subject to weather conditions) with plenty of snow activities, snow beach and deck chairs snow slides etc (*own expenses).
DAY 06 SALZBURG / MUNICH / AUGSBURG (Buffet Breakfast)
Munich: Cosmopolitan and proud, life under Munich’s skies holds a promise for everyone. Trend merges with tradition to create the magic Munich atmosphere which never fails to delight. Enjoy some free time in Munich city centre, Marienplatz which is dominated by the New Town Hall (Neues Rathaus).
DAY 07 AUGSBURG / NÖRDLINGEN / ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Augsburg: Founded by the Roman Emperor Augustus more than 2,000 years ago, Augsburg is one of Germany’s oldest cities. Enjoy a walking tour to see its highlights, the Town Hall, Perlachturm, 70 m high tower with lantern belfry, St. Mary’s Cathedral, St. Ulrich and St. Afra Basilica.
– Excursion to Nördlingen: Nördlingen is surrounded by Germany’s only completely preserved town wall on which you can walk right round. Explore the historical market place, with imposing half-timbered and patrician houses, 13th century Town Hall ‘Brot-und Tanzhaus’ and ‘Hohes Leihhaus’ pawnbroker’s shop and Late Gothic Hall Church of St. George with ‘Daniel’, a 90 m high bell tower with viewing platform.
DAY 08 ROTHENBURG OB DER TAUBER / NUREMBERG / INGOLSTADT (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Visit the most popular town on the Romantic Road. Explore the historical Market Place with magnificent Town Hall, Marien Apotheke, and the “postcard square” Plönlein, picturesque medieval townscape where the road forks down to the ‘Kobolzeller Tor’ gate.
– Nuremberg: Bavaria’s second-largest city and the unofficial capital of Franconia. Enjoy a walking tour to view the Imperial Castle, Hangman’s Bridge, St Lawrence’s Church, and its famous Hauptmarkt.
DAY 09 NUREMBERG / INGOLSTADT (Buffet Breakfast)
Ingolstadt Village: Spend some free time shopping for the best luxury brand at discounted price.
DAY 10 INGOLSTADT / MUNICH / HOME (Buffet Breakfast, Meals on Board)
Free at leisure till transfer to Europe’s first 5* Airport, Munich Airport for our flight home
DAY 11 HOME
- Visit of shopping outlet is subject to opening hours cities.
- Factory Outlet maybe replaced with another to enhance smoother itinerary
- The sequence of the itinerary and hotel are subject to change without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstance
- During major conferences, fairs & festivals, accommodation may be located in an alternate city without prior notice.
- In the event that a place of visit or attraction is closed to visitors, it will be replaced with an alternative if possible.
- Winter scheduled departures may have 5% – 10% changes to the itinerary due to inclusion of weather dependent attractions/activities
- Some accommodations may not have specific twin or double room types.
Service Fee and Additional Excursions
- Service fee and Hotel City Tax-Euro 110
- Lake Wolfgang
- Factory Outlet
Total: Euro 280