12D Let’s Go Aurora Finland + Norway + Hurtigruten Cruise
Have you experience the Northern Light? Visit Finland & Norway Best Tourist Destination where you can see the Northern Light!
12D Let’s Go Aurora Finland + Norway + Hurtigruten Cruise
Travel valid: 01 Nov 2018 – 31 Mar 2019 / Meals: 9 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 3 Dinner / Hotels: 4*
- Welcome drink in Snow Igloo
- Hammerfest – Northern most town in the world
- Chance to become a member of the exclusive Polar Bear Society when you visit Hammerfest in person and be rewarded with the only one in the World – Polar Bear pin (own expense)
- Winter Horse Sledging (FIRST in SINGAPORE)
- Confirm Glass Igloo with attached bathroom
- Night Aurora Hunting Safari by Snowmobile and King Crab Safari (3hr activity)
- Husky Sledge Experience (2hr Activity).
- Visit to Reindeer Farm (400m ride your own)
- Reindeer Feeding.
- Reindeer Driver’s License
- Visit to Santa Claus Village Crossing of Arctic Circle Certificate
- Overnight in Tromso.Tromso hotel-voted the NO.1 breakfast in Northern Norway
- Sail on the Barents Sea and the Norwegian Sea (closest to North Pole as you can be)
- Helsinki City tour – Senate Square, White cathedral, Market’s Place. Sibelius Monument, Temppeliaukion Church
DAY 01: DEPARTURE / HELSINKI (Meals On Board)
Assemble at airport for your long haul flight to the capital of Finland – Helsinki
DAY 02: HELSINKI /SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE / WINTER HORSE SLEDGING / ROVANIEMI (Dinner)
– Transit to Rovaniemi – considered to be the home of Santa Claus.
– Visit to Santa Claus Village where you will have an opportunity to post a postcard from the Main Post Office. All postcards sent from there will get a special Arctic Circle Stamp on them.
– Collect an Arctic Circle Certificate with your name and a special Arctic Circle stamp with the date to prove you have crossed the Arctic Circle.
– Photo opportunity with Santa Claus (own expenses) Ride a traditional horse sledge (400m), pulled by instructor and understand the life and habits of an Irish Cob
– 1. Northern Light Hunting by tour manager. A walk of about 15 mins is required
DAY 3: ROVANIEMI / RANUA WILDLIFE / HUSKY DOG FARM / NORTHERN FINLAND (Buffet Breakfast, buffet lunch)
– Excursion to the Ranua Wildlife Park (World’s Northernmost Zoo) which consist of approximately 50 wild animal species and 200 individuals. You will have the chance to be in close contact with the various Nordic and Arctic animals like bears, reindeers, wolves, gluttons, lynxes, moose, birds and Finland Polar Bear. Welcome drink of Hot Chocolate in the snow igloo (*valid only with the opening of the Igloo estimated at 1st Dec – 31st Mar, if the Snow Igloo is not available, Hot Chocolate will be served in the restaurant)
– A ranger will guide you and explain to you with in depth knowledge of the different Arctic animals
– Husky Dog Farm (2hrs Activity) – meeting the dogs and have a closer look at them. The guide tells you about their life habits and particular features of the husky dogs. The culmination of the tour is a ride in a dog sledge
– Travel north, the chance to see the Northern light is greatly increase
– Transfer to High End Deluxe Glass Igloos with Aurora Alarm for our overnight stay – this is an unforgettable experience not to be missed
– 2. Northern Light Hunting by tour manager. A walk of about 15 mins is required
DAY 04: NORTHERN FINLAND / REINDEER FARM VISIT / NORTHERN FINLAND (Buffet Breakfast, Light Lunch)
– Transfer to Reindeer farm in the late morning
– Our wonderful Sami guide will teach you about all the characteristics of their reindeers.
– Hands on experience to feed the Reindeers
– Ride the traditional Reindeer Sledge (400m) and be rewarded with a Reindeer driving license – End the visit with the most traditional Reindeer Soup served the Sami culture way
– 3. Northern Light Hunting by tour manager. A walk of about 15 mins is required
DAY 05: NORTHERN FINLAND / KIRKENES (Buffet Breakfast, Eat all you can King Crab Safari)
– Cross the border and transfer to Norway
– 4. With our very experienced guide, we will go on a snowmobile safari to the Siberian taiga forest in the Pasvik valley.
– As we hunt the Northern lights, we will also have an opportunity to see how a King Crab is caught
– We end the safari with an all you can eat King Crab served the Norwegian way with Mustard and wine.
DAY 06: KIRKENES / HURTIGRUTEN CRUISE (Buffet Breakfast)
– Transfer to the seaport to commence our famous Hurtigruten cruise
– The cruise will do port stop at Vardø, Honningsvåg, Hammerfest, Oksfjord, Skjervo
– (Cruise port stop is weather dependent and vary with different cruise ship, reverse itinerary passengers will stop at Honningsvag – North Cape, instead of Hammerfest)
DAY 07: HURTIGRUTEN CRUISE / HAMMERFEST / TROMSØ (Buffet Breakfast)
– Hammerfest – Northern most town in the world
– Chance to become a member of the exclusive Polar Bear
– Society when you visit Hammerfest in person and be rewarded with a Polar Bear Pin (*own expense)
– Arrival Tromso late night.
DAY08: TROMSO NORTHERN LIGHTS HUNTING (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Morning, free at leisure. You may wish to join a whale watching excursion or visit Mt Floya which provides a panoramic view of the city of Tromso
– 5. After dinner, embark on a 5 hrs Northern Lights Hunting tour with a dedicated Northern Lights Hunter/Photographer. Chances is greatly enhanced as the professional will monitor the clouds activity in deciding the best route.
– If the weather is good, we will also provide photo taking for you and your family at no extra cost (we will provide one group picture and one scenery picture per person).
DAY 09: TROMSO / HELSINKI (Buffet Breakfast)
– Domestic flight to Helsinki (*Do note that there is no direct flight to Helsinki and may transit 1-2 times)
DAY 10: HELSINKI (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch)
– Helsinki city tour: Visit Senate Square, White Cathedral. Continue to Market’s Place, the coastal streets of Helsinki. Photo stop at Sibelius Monument, created by Eila Hiltunen in honour of composer, Jean Sibelius. Visit to Temppeliaukion Church which is constructed out of solid rock.
DAY 11: HELSINKI / HOME (Buffet Breakfast, Meals On Board)
– Free at leisure till transfer to the airport for your return flight back home.
– Opportunity for you to join a full day excursion to Tallinn with lunch subject to your flight departure time (own expense)
DAY 12: HOME
- sequence of itinerary may change due to limitation of glass igloos and domestic flights
- Money Back Guarantee – Northern Lights is a natural occurring event, we will try all humanely possible ways to ensure you can catch the lights, however if none of the group members / tour manager manage to catch the Northern Lights during this trip, we will refund SGD$800/couple in travel voucher
- Weather condition in Lapland is very unpredictable, roads and attractions may close at short notice, we will proceed with the alternative routings in such scenarios based on the best possible situation
- Inside cabin on Hurtigruten Cruise is provided, however cruise ship do upgrade passengers at random
- Lapland Hotels has no star grading – equivalent will be provided
- Tour manager will make the best possible decision when hunting the Northern Lights and if the weather conditions in not favourable, will cancel the walk
Service Fee and Additional Excursions
- Service fees – Euro 139
- Seaport tax
- Ranua Wildlife Park
- Domestic flight airport tax
Total: Euro 320