12D Let’s Go Aurora Finland & Norway + North Cape
Let’s explore Northern Europe! Visit the Best Tourist Destination in Finland & Norway. You will able to experience the Northern Light 100% on your holiday.
12D Let’s Go Aurora Finland & Norway + North Cape
Travel valid: 01 Apr 2018 – 31 Mar 2019 / Meals: 9 Breakfast, 4 Lunch, 4 Dinner / Hotels; 4*
- Welcome drink in Snow Igloo Winter Horse Sledging (FIRST in SINGAPORE)
- Confirm Glass Igloo with attached bathroom
- Night Aurora Hunting Safari by Snowmobile and King Crab Safari (3hr activity)
- Husky Sledge Experience (2hr Activity)
- Visit to Reindeer Farm (400m ride your own)
- Reindeer Feeding
- Reindeer Driver’s License
- Visit to Santa Claus Village
- Crossing of Arctic Circle Certificate
- Free Wifi in all hotels Overnight in Tromso
- Tromso hotel-voted the NO.1 breakfast in Northern Norway
- Helsinki City tour – Senate Square, White cathedral, Market’s Place. Sibelius Monument, Temppeliaukion Church
DAY 01: DEPARTURE / HELSINKI (Meals On Board)
Assemble at airport for your long haul flight to the capital of Finland – Helsinki
DAY 02: HELSINKI / OULU / RANUA WILDLIFE / GLASS IGLOO (Buffet Lunch, Dinner)
– Excursion to the Ranua Wildlife Park (World’s Northernmost Zoo) which consist of approximately 50 wild animal species and 200 individuals. You will have the chance to be in close contact with the various Nordic and Arctic animals like bears, reindeers, wolves, gluttons, lynxes, moose, birds and Finland polar bear
– Welcome drink of Hot Chocolate in the snow igloo (*valid only with the opening of the Igloo estimated at 1st Dec – 31st Mar, if the Snow Igloo is not available, Hot Chocolate will be served in the restaurant)
– A ranger will guide you and explain to you with in depth knowledge of the different Arctic animals
– Overnight in the newest 10th Generation Glass Igloo – the only Luxurious Lakeside Igloo in Finland which offers unparalleled view across the Northern Horizon. Comes attached with Wifi and private Sauna 1st in the World
– 1. Northern Light – No walking required as Glass Igloo location is perfect spot for waiting Aurora
DAY 03: GLASS IGLOO / HUSKY DOG FARM / SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE / ROVANIEMI (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Husky Dog Farm (10km) – meeting the dogs and have a closer look at them. The guide tells you about their life habits and particular features of the husky dogs. The culmination of the tour is a ride in a dog sledge
– Visit to Santa Claus Village where you will have an opportunity to post a postcard from the Main Post Office. All postcards sent from there will get a special Arctic Circle Stamp on them.
– Collect an Arctic Circle Certificate with your name and a special Arctic Circle stamp with the date to prove you have crossed the Arctic Circle
– Photo opportunity with Santa Claus (own expense)
– 2. Northern Light Hunting by tour manager. A walk of about 15 mins is required
DAY 04: ROVANIEMI / WINTER HORSE SLEDGING / REINDEER FARM VISIT / NORTHERN FINLAND (Buffet Breakfast, light lunch)
– Ride a traditional horse sleigh (400m), pulled by instructor and understand the life and habits of an Irish Cob Transfer to Reindeer farm after our winter horse sledging activity
– Our wonderful Sami guide will teach you about all the characteristics of their reindeers.
– Hands on experience to feed the Reindeers
– Ride the traditional Reindeer Sledge (400m) and be rewarded with a Reindeer driving license –
– End the visit with the most traditional Reindeer Soup served the Sami culture way
– 3. Northern Light Hunting by tour manager. A walk of about 15 mins is required
DAY 05: NORTHERN FINLAND / KIRKENES (Buffet Breakfast, Eat all you can King Crab Safari)
– Cross the border and transfer to Norway
– 4. With our very experienced guide, we will go on a snowmobile safari to the Siberian taiga forest in the Pasvik valley.
– As we hunt the Northern lights, we will also have an opportunity to see how a King Crab is caught
– We end the safari with an all you can eat King Crab served the Norwegian way with Mustard and wine.
DAY 06: KIRKENES / RUSSIAN BORDER / KARASJOK (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Make a photo stop by the Russian Border, the closest we can be to Russia without a visa Transfer to Karasjok
– Make a photo stop at the new Karasjok Church and old Karasjok Church which is the oldest Lutheran Church in Finnmark
– 5. Northern Light Hunting by tour manager. A walk of about 15 mins is required
DAY 07: KARASJOK / NORTH CAPE / ALTA (Breakfast, Lunch)
– After an early breakfast, we depart for the highlight of your trip to North Cape
– Located at the very end of the world, it is widely referred to as the NORTHERNMOST POINT in Europe.
– The last part before reaching the cape, our bus has to join the convoy led by a snow plough. – The North Cape plateau itself rises 307 meters almost vertically from the Arctic Ocean. “The globe” sculpture has become the symbol of the North Cape, and is always a popular place to get that all-important picture.
– Entrance included into the North Cape Hall whereby you can see an impressive 180° panoramic film about Finnmark and the North Cape
– We will have our 2 course lunch in North Cape featuring the unique Cloudberry Panna Cotta desert
– End the day with a personalised certificate to prove that you have conquer North Cape
– Transfer to Alta for our overnight stay 6. Northern Light Hunting by tour manager. A walk of about 15 mins is required (*Visit to North Cape is very dependent on weather, if the Snow Convoy do not operate due to bad weather, North Cape visit and activity will be replaced by a visit to Honningsvag)
DAY 08: ALTA / TROMSO (Buffet Breakfast)
– We pass through beautiful winter scenery and fjords as we make our way to Tromso
– 7. Tonight, we will embark on a 5 hrs Northern Lights Hunting bus tour with tour manager
DAY 09: TROMSO / HELSINKI (Buffet Breakfast)
Domestic flight to Helsinki (*Do note that there is no direct flight to Helsinki and may transit 1-2 times)
DAY 10: HELSINKI (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch)
Helsinki city tour: Visit Senate Square, White Cathedral. Continue to Market’s Place, the coastal streets of Helsinki. Photo stop at Sibelius Monument, created by Eila Hiltunen in honour of composer, Jean Sibelius. Photo stop at Temppeliaukion Church which is constructed out of solid rock.
DAY 11: HELSINKI / HOME (Buffet Breakfast, Meals On Board)
– Free at leisure till transfer to the airport for your return flight.
– Opportunity for you to join a full day excursion to Tallinn with lunch subject to your flight departure time (own expenses)
DAY 12: HOME
- sequence of itinerary may change due to limitation of glass igloos and domestic flights
- Money Back Guarantee – Northern Lights is a natural occurring event, we will try all humanely possible ways to ensure you can catch the lights, however if none of the group members / tour manager manage to catch the Northern Lights during this trip, we will refund SGD$800/couple travel voucher
- Weather condition in Lapland & Finnmark is very unpredictable, roads and attractions may close at short notice, we will proceed with the alternative routings in such scenarios based on the best possible situation
- Lapland & Finnmark Hotels has no star grading – equivalent will be provided
- Some accommodations may not have specific twin or double room types.
- Tour manager will make the best possible decision when hunting the Northern Lights and if the weather conditions in not favourable, will cancel the walk.
Service Fee and Additional Excursions
- Service fees – Euro 139
- Ranua Wildlife Park
- Domestic flight airport tax
Total: Euro 310