12D Let’s Go Northern Lights Norway + Sweden
Travel valid: 01 Nov 2018 – 31 Mar 2019 Meals: 9 Breakfast, 6 Dinner / Hotels: 4*
- Oslo – City Hall, Royal Palace, Oslo University, Vigeland Sculpture Park
- Lulea – UNESCO World Heritage Site Gammelstad Church Town
- Stockholm-UNESCO World Heritage Site Drottningholm Palace
DAY 01: DEPARTURE / STOCKHOLM (Meals On Board)
Assemble at airport for your long haul flight to Sweden
DAY 02: STOCKHOLM (Dinner)
Half day city tour in Stockholm with a visit to Drottningholm Palace, Sweden’s best preserved royal palace constructed in the seventeenth century, the permanent residence of the royal family and one of Stockholm’s three World Heritage Sites.
DAY 03: STOCKHOLM / LULEA (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
Transfer to airport for our domestic flight to Lulea. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Gammelstad Church Town. It is the best preserved example of a type of town that was once widespread throughout northern Scandinavia.
DAY 04: LULEA / SNOW HOTEL VISIT / ABISKO (Buffet Breakfast)
– Visit the world’s first ICE HOTEL, situated in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden. ICEHOTEL was founded in 1989 and is an art exhibition and hotel made of natural ice and snow from one of Europe’s last wild rivers. It is also the World’s only Ice Hotel to be open 365 Days throughout the year
– Transfer to the Abisko due to its location in a low precipitation microclimate Abisko has more clear nights than virtually any other of the destinations and is the top destinations for catching the Northern Lights
– Tonight we will sleep in a traditional deluxe log cabin (*include private Sauna) with spectacular view over the Lake Tornetrask
DAY 05: ABISKO / NARVIK (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Board the Arctic Circle Train to Narvik – Europe most Northern train station
– The train line was initially opened to carry iron ore from Kiruna to Narvik and is perhaps the most scenic train journeys of the world.
– Board a Gondola (cable car) up to Narvikfjellet *Timing varies, we will board either at 1500 or 1700 depending on the operation hours.
DAY 06: NARVIK / TROMSO (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Transfer to Tromso which is well known for being the home of Northern Lights.
– Make a photo stop at the unique Arctic Cathedral commonly nicknamed the Ishavskatedralen, literally “The Cathedral of the Arctic Sea”
DAY 07: TROMSØ / HURTIGRUTEN (Buffet Breakfast)
-Some free time in the morning for your own exploration before we board the Hurtigruten Ship for your port departure to Kirkenes
DAY 08: HURTIGRUTEN (Buffet Breakfast)
The cruise will do various port stops whereby you can leave to explore the Northernmost region of Norway – Finnmark A stop in Honningsvag will give you an opportunity to join an excursion to the ‘End of the World’ – North Cape
DAY 09: HURTIGRUTEN / KIRKENES (Buffet Breakfast, Eat All You Can Eat King Crab Dinner)
– Arrive Kirkenes in the morning and transfer to your city centre hotel
– Tonight, we shall embark on our King Crab Safari and Snowmobile
– With our very experienced guide, we will go on a snowmobile safari to the Siberian taiga forest in the Pasvik valley.
– As we hunt the Northern lights, we will also have an opportunity to see how a King Crab is caught
– We end the safari with an all you can eat King Crab served the Norwegian way with Mustard and wine.
DAY 10: KIRKENES / OSLO (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Board our domestic flight to Oslo
– Arrival Oslo, we will proceed for a half day city tour
– Oslo city tour: view of City Hall, Royal Palace, Oslo University.
– Photo stop at Vigeland Sculpture Park
DAY 11: OSLO / HOME (Buffet Breakfast, Meals On Board)
– Free at leisure till transfer to the airport for your long haul flight home.
– We hoped you had enjoyed your trip and we look forward to seeing you again
DAY 12: HOME
- Sequence of itinerary may change due to limitation of Log Cabins and domestic flights.
- Money Back Guarantee – Northern Lights is a natural occurring event, we will try all humanly possible ways to ensure you can catch the lights, however if none of the group members / tour manager manage to catch the Northern Lights during this trip, we will refund SGD$800/couple in travel voucher.
- Weather condition in Finnmark is very unpredictable, roads and attractions may close at short notice, we will proceed with the alternative routings in such scenarios based on the best possible situation.
- Inside cabin on Hurtigruten Cruise is provided, however cruise ship do upgrade passengers at random.
- Finnmark Hotels has no star grading – equivalent will be provided.
Service Fee and Additional Excursions
- Service fees – Euro 139
- Seaport tax
- Domestic flight airport tax
Total: Euro 210