9/13D Let’s Go Comprehensive Russia + Northern Lights
Travelling period: 1 Apr 2018 – 31 March 2019 MEALS: 100% / HOTELS: 4*
- Murmansk city tour
- First nuclear-powered icebreaker <<Lenin>>
- Visit to Saami Village – Husky dogs & Reindeers
- Moscow – Kremlin, Arbat Street, Moscow Metro, St. Basil’s Cathedral
- Full day excursion to Golden Ring
- Novgorod – oldest Kremlin
- St Petersburg – Winter Palace, Summer Palace, St Isaac Cathedral, Peter & Paul’s Fortress, Cathedral of the Resurrection
- Folk show performance
DAY 01: DEPARTURE / MOSCOW (Meals On Board)
Assemble at airport for our pleasant flight to Moscow, the capital of Russia
DAY 02: MOSCOW (Lunch, Dinner)
Upon arrival, tour the ornate Metro Station which Stalin called “palaces for the people”, then end the day with a walk along Arbat Street.
DAY 03: MOSCOW (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Our tour today includes the Kremlin Fortress, with visits to the famous Cathedrals of Assumption, Annunciation and Archangel, and the Bell Tower of Ivan the Great (*Note: Entry is subject to opening days/times), and the amazing St. Basil’s Cathedral.
DAY 04: MOSCOW / GOLDEN RING EXCURSION (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
– Full day excursion to the Golden Ring town – ‘Sergiev Posad’
– Visit the most important religious institution in Russia – World Heritage Site of Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius. Here we explore the impressive architectural ensemble including the beautiful Monastery and Cathedral of the Assumption.
DAY 05: MOSCOW / NOVGOROD (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
– Today, travel to Veliky Novgorod by coach – the Birthplace of Russian Statehood and visit the oldest Kremlin (*Note: Entry is subject to opening days/times) in Russia, which was built by Prince Yaroslav in 11th century.
– Continue to the Cathedral of St. Sophia the Wisdom of God (*Note: Entry is subject to opening days/times), where eminent Novgorod-ians like princes, bishops and governors are buried in the southern gallery
DAY 06: NOVGOROD / ST. PETERSBURG (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Continue our journey to St. Petersburg. Visit to the famous St. Isaac’s Cathedral, one of the highest achievements in the synthesis of arts during the 1800s.
DAY 07: ST. PETERSBURG / WINTER PALACE / ST. PETERSBURG (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
– Today’s highlight is the Winter Palace, which houses the spectacular Hermitage Museum.
– After lunch, enjoy a drive along the elegant main avenue of Nevsky Prospect, past the Senate Square, Bronze Horseman and Cathedral of the Resurrection.
– We will also do a photostop at the Peter and Paul Fortress which was first constructed in earth and wood, then rebuilt in stone by mid-18th century. Here, you will find the highest building in St. Petersburg, Peter and Paul’s Cathedral. End the day with a wonderful Folkshow Performance.
DAY 08: ST. PETERSBURG / HOME (Buffet Breakfast / Meals On Board)
– Free at leisure till transfer to the airport for your flight back home. We hoped you had an enjoyable trip and we look forward to seeing you again
DAY 09: HOME
———- For passengers on 13 Days Russia + Northern Lights, itinerary as follows: ———-
DAY 01 – 07 as above
DAY 08: ST PETERSBURG / MURMANSK (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Transfer to the airport for your domestic flight to Murmansk – Northern city of Russia located beyond the Arctic circle and the last city founded by the Russian Empire
– In the late evening, if the conditions are favourable, we will bring you to Hunt the Northern Lights
DAY 09: MURMANSK (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
– A comprehensive city tour will bring us with a visit to Alesha monument (the highest one in Russia after Motherland monument)
– You will know rich history of Murmansk city, drive to historical places of the Second World War. You will also visit ‘Murmansk selfie’ place or obelisk with coordinates of Murmansk city.
– End the tour with a photostop at the first nuclear-powered icebreaker <<Lenin>>
DAY 10: MURMANSK (Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Start our day with a transfer to the Saami Village. Be met by the Sami people who will show you around the village, meeting their husky dogs and reindeers. You will get to understand better about their culture and their ways of living in the cold
– Local lunch, including ukha fish-soup and reindeer meat. In the late evening , if the conditions are favourable, we will bring you to Hunt the Northern Lights
DAY 11: MURMANSK / MOSCOW (Buffet Breakfast, Dinner)
– Transfer to airport for our domestic flight to Moscow
DAY 12: MOSCOW / HOME (Buffet Breakfast / Meals On Board)
Free at leisure till transfer to the airport for your flight back home. We hoped you had an enjoyable trip and we look forward to seeing you again.
DAY 13: HOME
- The sequence of the itinerary may be subject to change with/without prior notice.
- In the event that a place of visit or attraction is closed to visitors, it will be replaced with an alternative, if possible.
- During major events/trade shows/peak season, accommodation may not be in the city mentioned.
- Most Nationalities require Russian Visa, do check with our travel consultant, SGD 230 including Russia Invitation Letter
- Folkshow Performance may be combined with Dinner
Service Fee and Additional Excursions
- Service fee and hotel city tax – USD 125 (13 days), USD 95 (9 days)
- Full day excursion to Golden Ring
- Russian Folk Show
Pay: USD 310 (13 days), USD 280 (9 days)